Avenidas Care Partners provides multiple services to help you or your loved one age in place, connect to the community, resolve any crisis and most importantly, pro-actively plan for changes in your lifestyle.
Avenidas Care Partners staff are assisting our local community in multiple ways to help navigate the pandemic and provide crisis intervention, elder care consults, family mediation, case management, information and assistance.
- Call Paula Wolfson, Manager, ACP, at (650) 289-5438 to request an elder care consult, crisis intervention, family mediation, and emotional support during these challenging times.
- Call Thomas Kingery, BSW, at (650) 289-5433 for information and assistance, case management, assistance navigating low income housing, and accessing county benefit.
Avenidas Care Forum 2021
Revitalize your caregiving strategies with these monthly workshops! Featuring Dr. Ellen Brown and Dr. Rita Ghatak; moderated by Paula Wolfson, LCSW, Avenidas Care Partners. 6 sessions starting April 28.
Care Partners Videos
Here are videos from the Town Hall sessions and Avenidas Care Forum workshops presented by Avenidas Care Partners, featuring leading professionals who specialize in senior health.
Previous Town Halls
Topics discussed at previous Town Halls include
- Cognitive Health, Impairment, and Testing Protocols
- Aging & Alcohol: How Much Is Too Much?
- Self-Care during Flu and Fire Season
- Coping Strategies for Self-Care During the Coronavirus Crisis
- How to Navigate End of Life Care Conversations during the Pandemic
2021 Care Forum Videos
- April 28: Navigating Your Health During a Pandemic
- May 26: Patients and Caregivers–The New Unit of Care
- June 23: Caring for Someone with Dementia & Preserving Brain Health
- August 25: How The Pandemic Changed Advance Care Planning
- September 22: What’s New in Palliative Care and End of Life Care
- October 27: It’s Time for Discharge from the Hospital
We’re here to help you…
Care Partners Services
Information & Assistance (I&A)
By phone or in person, our I&A specialist provides resources, in-home care, adult day health care, insurance, transportation, and legal and financial assistance. Available Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Free Case Management Services
Avenidas has a special service for low-income Santa Clara County residents over the age of 60 who are frail or homebound. One of our clinically trained social workers will evaluate the situation and determine what services might be needed to remain safe at home. This is a free service for those who qualify.
Free Family Caregiver Support Group
The Avenidas Care Partners weekly family caregiver support group is inclusive: members are spouses, partners, adult children, siblings, and legal guardians who are caring for a loved one with a chronic or terminal illness, fragility, physical and or cognitive decline.
Our mission is to help family caregivers navigate complex legal, financial and health care systems, enhance communication strategies, reduce stress and practice self-care.
We begin each group with a check-in and remind members to respect one another’s privacy. We often have physicians, elder estate attorneys, and other professional join us for a Q and A session.
For more information and to complete the required intake interview, contact Paula Wolfson, Avenidas Care Partners Manager and group facilitator, at (650) 289-5438.
Consultations & Counseling
Avenidas Care Partners staff offer consultations, pro-active planning and crisis intervention to help clients navigate complex issues related to changes in one’s functional and cognitive abilities.
Our services include family mediation, in-home geriatric care assessments, referrals and assistance navigating complex discharge planning from hospitals and nursing homes. We also offer private counseling for family caregivers in need of support for stress management and respite.
We provide strategies and resources for helping older adults relocating to this area or out of area: we can help you locate movers and professionals to help you downsize. And if you are relocating to this area we will help orient you to services and community activities. We provide dementia care coaching to help caregivers develop compassionate communication techniques, resilience and patience.
Avenidas Village & Avenidas members: $120/hour; Non-members: $140/hour.
Call Paula Wolfson, LCSW, Manager of Avenidas Care Partners at (650) 289-5438 to schedule an appointment for a consultation, geriatric care assessment and for guidance resolving complex health care issues.